The Limes is currently closed to visitors. We are allowing visiting by appointment only.
Please contact us to arrange an appointment.
It goes without saying that the residents at The Limes are at a higher risk of severe illness if they contract COVID-19. The safety and well-being of both residents and staff is the highest priority at The Limes. The Limes is following the Government Guidelines given to us.
All relatives can contact The Limes at any time to speak to their loved ones and we will work hard to ensure that all relationships are maintained. We are calling family members and friends in order for the residents to maintain their relationships with their loved ones. The Limes remains open to visiting, however remains by appointment only. Please contact The Limes directly to arrange an appointment. Please note: The Government Guidelines state that flowers are not permitted in care homes at this time.
Almost all of The Limes' Staff members and residents have now received both COVID-19 vaccines. Some staff members and residents have also received their boosters.
Julie Woodhouse would like to thank each and every staff member for their continued hard work and dedication.
Reducing the Risk:
- Cleaning duties have been increased in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- All surfaces frequently touched will be regularly disinfected.
- The importance of wearing Personal Protective Equipment, e.g gloves and aprons has been reiterated and is being implemented by all staff.
- All staff are exercising regular and thorough hand-washing and encouraging all visiting professionals and residents do the same.
- Information leaflets and posters regarding the symptoms of COVID-19 have been placed throughout The Limes.
- All staff have a LFD test twice weekly and a PCR test once weekly.
- All residents have a PCR test once monthly.
- As a precaution of potential fresh food shortages; e.g meat, alternative menus have been arranged and food for these menus has been obtained.
- All residents are to be given the choice to self-isolate in their bedrooms.
- Any Residents showing symptoms of COVID-19 are to be isolated to their bedroom's, 111 will be contacted and a PCR test will be completed.
- Any staff who have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19 will complete a PCR test and will not return to work until a negative result has returned.
- Any staff showing any symptoms of COVID-19 will NOT attend work before receiving a negative text result from a PCR test.