The Limes is now open to visitors by appointment only.
Please contact us to arrange an appointment.
It goes without saying that the residents at The Limes are at a higher risk of severe illness if they contract COVID-19. The safety and well-being of both residents and staff is the highest priority at The Limes. It was our aim to remain open to visiting through this pandemic in order to uphold the overall well-being of all residents and maintain their relationships with their family members and friends. Following government advice, steps were taken during the past few weeks in order to reduce the risk of a resident contracting the virus. The advice given was changing frequently and each recommendation was met.
However, following the announcement from Prime Minister, Boris Johnson this evening we feel that, in order to keep our residents and staff safe, now is the time to close our doors to all visitors.
All relatives can contact The Limes at any time to speak to their loved ones and we will work hard to ensure that all relationships are maintained. We are constantly calling family members and friends in order for the residents to maintain their relationships with their loved ones.
Staff are working unbelievably hard and continue to provide compassion and care in each and every job role, whilst many others are instructed to stay home. For this I, Julie Woodhouse, would like to thank each and every one of them.
We understand that this is a worrying and difficult time for everyone but this step is necessary.
Please look at our pages under the COVID-19 heading to see what we are doing in order to keep the residents in touch with their loved ones as best we can.
Reducing the Risk:
- Cleaning duties have been increased in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19
- All surfaces frequently touched will be regularly disinfected.
- The importance of wearing Personal Protective Equipment, e.g gloves and aprons has been reiterated and is being implemented by all staff.
- All staff are exercising regular and thorough hand-washing and encouraging all visiting professionals and residents do the same.
- Information leaflets and posters regarding the symptoms of COVID-19 have been placed throughout The Limes.
- As a precaution of potential fresh food shortages; e.g meat, alternative menus have been arranged and food for these menus has been obtained.
- All residents are to be given the choice to self-isolate in their bedrooms.
- Any Residents showing symptoms of COVID-19 are to be isolated to their bedroom's and 111 will be contacted.
- Any staff who have been exposed to a confirmed case of COVID-19 will NOT attend work for at least 14 days and follow the guidelines set out by the government.
- Any staff showing any symptoms of COVID-19 will NOT attend work for at least 7 days and follow the guidelines set out by the government.